? Fall Themed Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin ?
* 4 lb. pork loin (centre cut)
* 2 apples, sliced
* 1/2 white onion sliced
* butter (whatever amount you want!)
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1/2 tsp. dried thyme or a few sprigs of fresh
* Cut slits on the top of the pork loin and place apple slices in the slits. Set aside.
* Add the onions and remaining apple slices down in the slow cooker. Lay over the slices of butter.
* Add the pork loin.
* Sprinkle the pork with the salt, pepper and cinnamon. Add the thyme.
* Drizzle over the honey.
* Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time
* When the cooking time is done. Remove the pork onto a platter and let rest for at least 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
I found it a tiny bit dry so I probably would have done 5.5 hours instead of 6. I served this with mashed potatoes because that’s what my partner wanted, though it would pair well with sweet potato and/or roasted carrots. The apples and onions form a sweet chutney to spoon on top of the pork or side. Enjoy!!
Bonus: my kitchen smells like apples and cinnamon!
#cheapiehealthy #fallrecipes #autumn #afforable #homecooked #slowcooker #healthycooking #healthyeating #mealprep