Mushrooms galore! There were 2 sections of mushrooms at this grocery store. Wow!
Focus on the perimeter of the grocery store as that’s where all the fresh stuff is displayed.
Local and in season now include:
✅squash, pumpkin and beets
✅Swiss chard, kale, leeks
✅apples, cranberries, pears
✅Brussels sprouts, cabbage and broccoli
✅Mushrooms, potatoes and sweet potatoes
Here is a simple and easy sautéed mushroom recipe!
1. Slice mushrooms equally. Chop 2 sprigs of rosemary.
2. Heat a medium pan and add 2tbsp canola oil – let oil heat up a bit
3. Add the equivalent of a maximum of 4 full mushrooms to the pan and divide rosemary evenly and add to pan. Do not let them overlap or they will steam, not sauté.
4. Add 1/2 tsp salt.
5. Leave them to brown on one side.
6. Add white wine and turn them over.
7. Sauté the other side until golden brown.
8. Remove from heat and set aside – keep warm.
9. Continue steps until all the mushrooms and rosemary is cooked.
10. Then, add salt to taste, freshly ground pepper and lemon juice.
Serve and enjoy!
Have a great day! #seasonalfood #localveggies #mushroomrecipes #easyrecipes #nutritious #liveandlove #plantbased #dietitiansofinstagram #healthyrecipes #nutritiousanddelicious #homecooked