SWEET POTATO BROWNIES
2 sweet potatoes
Coconut oil for greasing the pan
60 g (½ c) raw hazelnuts
40 g (¼ c) buckwheat or spelt flour
60 g (6 tbsp) raw cacao powder
2.5 ml (½ tsp) powdered ginger
5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla (unsweetened)
5 ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
Pinch sea salt
160 g (1 c) dates, pitted
2 small handfuls of raw walnuts
45 ml (3 tbsp) maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180 C/ 350 F. peel sweet potatoes and slice them in half, lengthwise. Coat them in a tsp of coconut oil and place them in the oven for about 20 minutes until they are cooked and soft.
2. Keep oven at temperature. Allow potatoes to cool.
3. Meanwhile, finely grind hazelnuts in the food processor. Transfer to a bowl.
Add flour, 5 tbsp cacao powder, ginger, vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt and stir to combine.
4. Chop dates into small pieces. Putt cooled sweet potato in the food processor and process well. Add dates and process again until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into the bowl with the flour and spices and combine well until a soft batter is formed. Coarsely chop the walnuts, add half of them to the batter and stir well.
5. Line the ovenproof dish with parchment paper and spoon batter into the dish. Smooth out the surface using a spatula.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Use a toothpick to prick the brownies to check for doneness. If the batter no longer sticks to the toothpick, remove the brownies from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
7.While brownies are in the oven, make the topping by mixing a tbsp of cacao, pinch of salt, and maple syrup in a bowl.
8.Spread glaze over top of colled brownies and sprinkle the rest of the walnuts over top.
9.Remove the brownies from the dish by using parchment paper and cut into small pieces.
#healthyrecipies #healthymeals #eatwellbewell #healthyandtasty #eatrealfood #goodmoodfood #healthyfoodchoices #healthyfoodinspo #healthystyle #healthyrecipesideas #foodaccountability #cleanfood #healthyeats #healthysnacks #healthyfoods #fitfoodie #instahealthy #healthyfoodie #cleandiet #lovemyfood #healthyvibes #healthyandyummy #eatrightfeelright #enjoyyourfood #healthylivestyle #healhtyfood #brownies