The BEST (oat) choco chip gooey cookies !! ???
Aright folks, many of you asked for this recipe so here it is! Mastered the dankest vegan cookies out there (bold statement, i know). KEY to the cookies is letting them sit for at least 12 hours. I recommend making a fat batch and freezing some so you can have these ready to go whenever you are craving a sweet treat.
These bake in 11 minutes, can be made vegan or not, and somewhere in between a healthy and not healthy cookie ?
– 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened (reg butter, vegan butter or coconut oil works)
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup coconut sugar
– 1 flax egg (or reg)
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 1/3 cup flour
– 1/4 cup oats
– 1 tbsp baking powder
– 3/4 tsp baking soda
– 3/4 tsp salt
– 2 dashes of cinnamon
– 3-4 tbsp oat milk (more or less depending on dryness of dough)
– lots of choco chips
1. In stand mixer mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy – 3-5 minutes.
2. Add flax egg and mix for another 2-3 minutes. Add in vanilla and mix until combined (30s-1min)
3. In a separate bowl add all dry ingredients together and mix. Gradually add in flour into stand mixer. Use wooden spoon or rubber spatula to combine all ingredients.
4. Add chocolate chips and combine into mixture. Add the milk 1 tbsp at a time as needed for dough to stay moist — not too moist though!
5. Once reached optimal dough, form into balls and place on a sheet pan. Let sit for at least 12 hours before baking.
6. Once the time comes, bake in the oven for 11 minutes (this is the perfect soft/gooyiness). It will seem like they are not ready – let them cool and harden before devouring! #bakers #homebaked #bakedgoods #feedfeedbaking #ilovebaking #homemadefood #veganfriendly #tastyrecipes #secretrecipes #vegancookies #homemadecookies #chocolatechipcookies #veganchocolatechipcookies #healthybaking #cleanbaking